{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




3/9/12

Five Things Friday

Do you ever wish you could push a "reset" button on your day?

Today didn't start out so well for me...

I woke up with a headache and a sour disposition and missed a sweet opportunity to cuddle with AC when she climbed into bed with me this morning.

I have been changing big, dirty diapers {three this morning already...poor Maggie!}, disciplining a whining toddler and washing a sink fully of nasty dishes...nothing that is out of the ordinary for a mom...but today, rather than approaching my work joyfully, I approached it begrudgingly.

And, I lost my temper with everyone I have actually spoken to this morning. {Two people that I happen to love very much.}

So, I've decided to press "reset."

Today's Five Things Friday post is my five step plan to resetting your day!

1. Pray. If you desire to reset your day, go to the Lord first. Cast your troubles on Him. Ask for forgiveness. Ask for strength, self control, patience, mercy, etc. Thank him for the many blessings he has given you. Go to Him. He is the only one that can wipe your slate clean and allow you to carry on your day in true joy.

2. If you've done something to hurt someone else, ask them for forgiveness. They may not forgive you. They may not even answer the phone if you call them. But, let them know that you recognize that what you did was wrong and that you are sorry. It won't make what you did right, but it is necessary.

3. Make a pot of coffee. Yes, I realize coffee is always my answer, but when I drink my morning coffee I actually sit and enjoy it. And, I enjoy coffee at any time of day. You could also take a warm bath {locking the door is a requirement}, or take a walk outside and get some fresh air. If you don't have time, just stop what you are doing, turn off the TV {or computer} and take deep breaths. Meditate on scripture. Be still. The point is to clear your head and relax.    

4. Be silly. Have you ever stopped to think that the reason your little one has been crying all morning may be because she wants you to stop "working" and give her your undivided attention? {Yes, I am talking to myself here.} Dirty dishes will always be there, but your little ones won't. Stop what your are doing and pick up your babies {if they aren't too big}! Hold them. Hug and kiss on them while they still let you. Tickle them like crazy. Crawl around on the floor and pretend to be puppies or read them their favorite book in a silly voice. Turn on some music and have a dance party in your den. Play. Even if it's just for 20 minutes.

5. Get ready. Get dressed {not in workout clothes} and put on your makeup {even if you aren't leaving the house}. Get your "to do" list out and set priorities. Move forward with a positive attitude!

And remind yourself...

This is the day that the Lord has made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great reminders!! As moms we are always in a hurry, stressed to get it all done and worried we aren't doing it right. Thanks for the reminder that sometimes all we need to do in an entire day is play!!