{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




1/18/12

God is Never Wrong

I get it wrong. A lot.

I forget things...I remember things incorrectly...I seek out to conquer things within my own strength...often to find I was seeking the wrong thing in the first place.

But, despite my flaws, I can rest in the blessed assurance that God has appointed me to be sanctified.

"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:9

He did not choose me because I am perfect {thankfully, because I'm far from perfect}...

Or because I go to church {thankfully, because despite my best efforts, I still miss church every now and then}...

Or because my laundry room is organized {thankfully, because who knows how long that will last}.

He simply chose me out of His mercy and grace...because I'm broken, and sinful, and I fall short...and I need a savior.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Satan wants us to to feel like we're not good enough to receive salvation...or that we have to get our life together before we can approach God.

But, the truth is, not one of us is deserving of the gift of salvation.

"God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Although I am imperfect, God chose me...and finds pleasure in me...and in all of His children.

"He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will" Ephesians 1:5

And God is never wrong.

Praise be to God!


Not certain if you're a child of God...or would you like to better understand what is means to be a Christian? Read this paper by Tim Keller.

No comments: