{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




12/29/11

Christmas in a Flash

Our Christmas came and went in a flash!

Like everyone else I know, our calendars where jam-packed from Dec.1 - 25. After Christmas, I'm happy to say, the girls and I have stayed in our pj's and played at home most of the week. :)

This Christmas has been my favorite so far. Anne Catherine LOVED Santa! {I counted it up the other day and it turns out that we saw him six times this year! Ha!} And, she had a bit of an obsession with all of my nativity scenes...moving everyone around and playing with them. But, Joseph was her favorite. She wanted him to come to her house with Santa. Ha! And this Christmas was extra special because we had two sweet girls with us this year. It was sweet little Maggie's first Christmas! She loved watching everyone and even helped open a few presents...but eating the paper and playing with the boxes was her favorite part.

Maggie had some other firsts this month, too.

Her first snow {She was sick, so we stayed inside}...
 

Her first Oreo {Thanks to AC}...
 

And her first tooth...

Bye-bye sweet, toothless smile. :(
 

Here are some pictures that highlight our Christmas season...from picking out our tree...to church, breakfast and opening gifts on Christmas day.

Picking out the tree and decorating...
 {For Kara's easy and delicious homemade hot chocolate, just cut up three milky way bars to every half-gallon of milk you use...heat and stir until the chocolate melts. Best hot chocolate I've ever had.}

Breakfast with Santa at St. Agnes...

Parties with friends and family...

Cherry Family {my Grannys brothers and sisters families} Christmas Party

Sunday School Dirty Santa Party


Annual Cannon Fall Feast {a little late this year} :)

Cookie and dress making...
{I made three coordinating cousin dresses...with help from my instructor/friend, Elizabeth Ann}



Snow angels...out of packing popcorn...

Timeout...

Daddy/Daughter date night...

Said "bye-bye" to our favorited teachers at MDO, Mrs. Judy and Miss Hannah...AC is moving to the two-year-old room in January...
{AC is proud of her MDO ornament}

Christmas at Mimi and Papa's barn...and a mini quail hunt on Jeff's land...

Christmas Eve skeet shoot and Mimi and Granny's open house...

Christmas Eve night at our house...

Christmas morning...
{We went to church with the Morgan cousins and got to hear Dan preach at their new church!}
{And we ate lunch a-la A Christmas Story after church}

After naps, we went to Tootsie and Pops house for more Christmas fun...
 {Cannon bought me this angel with his own money and I absolutely love it! It's sitting on my kitchen windowsill.}

On top of all of that fun, there was that much more...I just didn't happen to catch it all on camera. {Darn it!}

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

No comments: