{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




4/4/11

I'm Lovin' It!

The weather that is.

The weather was beautiful this weekend. So, we ventured to the Zoo.

I knew AC would love it since she knows her animals and sounds, but I had know idea exactly how much she would love it. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 1/2 year-old get so excited!

First we saw the monkeys. AC yelled, "MONKEY!" and started jumping up and down and making her little monkey sound. At that moment we were so glad we came.


On our way to see some other big favorites {giraffes, elephants and zebras} we passed by some ducks. Not a zoo highlight for most, but I think the ducks might have been one of AC's favorites. Check out the intensity on her sweet little face.


She also loved seeing real giraffes {she sleeps with a giraffe lovie}.


But the best exhibit for her, in my opinion, was the farm animals.

In this picture she and her Daddy are getting a closer look at a big, black bunny.


Here she's quacking at some farm ducks.


Getting up close and personal with a sheep.


And a donkey. {I LOVE the sound she makes for a donkey!}


And CHICKENS!


"Bock-bock!"


We also saw pigs.  


And goats that she thought were dogs {they had the same coloring as our dogs}.



And finally we saw a big, fat cow.


And a little something she thought were "ray-rays" {what she calls raisins}. Yuck. There were lots of ray-rays in the cow's pen.


And last, but not least, we saw more ducks. When we told her it was time to go she said, "bye-bye ducks!"


We had a Sunday School class picnic at Cameron Brown Park after church on Sunday. Once again, the weather was awesome! And, once again, Anne Catherine got to play outside and watch some more ducks.


And later that afternoon Jeff and Alyssa stopped by to say hello.


I am so thankful we got to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weekend. Unfortunately, storms are brewing outside as I type this post.

Hmm...not a bad day to be in the hospital. I wonder if Maggie agrees...

No comments: