{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




12/3/10

Five Things Friday

I failed to download pictures from Thanksgiving weekend before my mother-in-law left town for a shopping trip {my camera is still broken and she has let me borrow hers from time-to-time}. So, on to a totally unrelated Five Things Friday post...

I've been doing some cyber-shopping and have come across some pretty nifty finds.

I'm particularly loving shoes right now. Especially FLAT shoes.

I'm sure having a toddler while pregnant has something to do with that, considering I was practically born in heels.

Whatever the reason for my love of flat shoes, I thought it would be fun to share my top five favorite flat shoes. Of the moment.

{I tend to change my mind a lot. But, then again, I'm a pregnant mother of a toddler and my mind just isn't what it used to be. So there.}
  1. The Hunter Original Gloss Wellie. I know I don't live in Seattle. Nor do I wade through thick mud on a regular basis. But, I love, love, love Hunter Wellies anyway. And I love the gloss finish on these. They are classic, yet girly. And, if you'd like to girly them up even more, Kate Spade has some really cute wellie socks that would compliment them nicely. {Just be sure to let the pink peek out at the top!}
  2. The Ugg Dakota. My feet love Uggs. I could see myself living in these moccasins.
  3. The Tory Burch Grey Flannel Reva Ballerina Flat. These were featured on Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things and I haven't stopped thinking about them since. I love the color grey. And I love Tory Burch. These shoes are sporty, wintery and pretty all at the same time.
  4. The Frye Celia Over The Knee. Frye knows how to do boots. And I love all of them. In fact, I had a really hard time narrowing it down to just one pair {this pair is the runner-up}. And even though I'm not 100% sure my less-than-lengthy legs could pull these off, I think they would look great with skinny jeans, jeggins or even leggings.
  5. The City Flat. I love a good deal. And lately, a comfy shoe. This pair of shoes appears to be the best of both worlds! They come in a variety of fun colors and fold up for easy travel. Although, the elastic is making me wonder if they will cut off my circulation as I get closer to the end of pregnancy and my feet begin to puff up like marshmallows. Hmmm. They would work for now anyway.
And, just for fun...a pair of velvet slippers. In case you get tired of wearing your Uggs around the house. ;)


Aren't they cute?!

No comments: