{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




10/27/10

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DD!!!! {Round 1}

Our sweet baby girl is officially one year old!


She is such a bundle of joy and being her mother has truly been a blessing in every sense of the word.

She is the sweetest, funniest, smartest little girl I've ever known.

She is no longer drinking from a bottle. {This is a picture of her last bottle on the morning of her birthday.}


She can {and will} eat anything. Really. Anything.

She can say mama, dada, Jack {as in our dog Jack, but all dogs are Jack to her}, baby, bear, book, cracker, thank you and nose.

She can walk...fast {although her Pop says she walks like Fred Sanford...and she kind of does}.

She "reads" her books in her own cute little language.

And I could go on and on...it seems like there is an exciting new discovery every day now.

We had a small party to celebrate our Darling Daughter on her actual birthday this past Sunday. And she had a blast!

She loves playing with her cousins and her sweet friends {her babysitter's children} that are like brothers and sisters to her.

There are so many pictures that I would love to share, so I have decided to post several rounds of birthday pictures.

Round One, which I'll share today, is pictures of the set up.

We had been planning to have the party outside. But, it rained. We had almost everything set up before the bottom fell out.


This was going to be the present opening area {above}. I hung tissue paper pom poms from the trees and HH worked extra hard to get the yard in order for the big day.


I made centerpieces.


And HH cooked hotdogs in the rain.


We put glass bottle Cokes, Izzie sparkling juice and Root Beers in the wheel barrel.


Since the rain didn't seem to be stopping any time soon, we decided to go ahead and move the party food inside. And I'm glad we did! It started to pour as soon as our guests arrived.


Close up of the party hats. I love the fuzzy balls on top.


And here's a shot of the sweet stuff.


This is DD's smash cake. I hardly ever bake a cake, so I was happy that this one turned out fairly well.


I also made chocolate cupcakes with homemade frosting {both recipes compliments of The Pioneer Woman}. The cupcakes were very yummy {I will make this as a sheet cake in the very near future}...and the frosting was yummy too, but I must have done something wrong because the it looked a bit grainy. {I must remember that in baking terms like "let mixture cool completely" are not up for interpretation.}


I ordered all of the downloadable artwork for the cupcake wrappers, toppers, favor tags, party hats, and more from Dimplerints on etsy. The complete package was only $10. All you have to do is print it out and put it together! So easy and so cute!


 I made sugar cookies.


And I put a twist on one of DD's favorites {marshmallows} by putting them on a stick and dipping them in white chocolate {died pink, or course}. These were a huge hit with the kids.


I also made sugar cookies {shaped like cupcakes} for the favors.


 Here's a close up of the favor tags.


And here's one more shot of the birthday girl for good measure.


She's modeling her birthday outfit {that I happened to snag up for $8!!!}. The cake even had one candle on it! So sweet.


Stay tuned for more party pics {and a birthday girl wardrobe change}!

No comments: