{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




8/31/10

Twirling

A blog post I read this morning got me thinking about twirling.

I mean serious twirling.

Like a sweet little girl in her favorite dress does for her daddy. {More on that later.}

The post also got me thinking about praying scriptures.

I firmly believe in the power of prayer. And I also believe that prayer is one of the most powerful ways I can impact my daughter's life.

And, there is something particularly special about praying scriptures.

Fern Nichols, Founder and President of Moms In Touch International, wrote this in the forward to Jodie Berndt's book Praying the Scriptures for Your Children:

"When we pray the promises of God for our children,
our faith increases because we are praying back the very words of God."

Do you have a Bible verse that you pray for your child {or children}?

HH and I chose Colossians 1:9-14 for DD.

And this is the verse that Emily over at Jones Design Company {the writer of the blog post I mentioned earlier} chose for her little girl:


PLEASE go to her post titled twirl and read the story of how she chose this particular verse. It is such a sweet story.

And, don't forget to twirl!

No comments: