{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




5/19/10

In Christ, I Really DO Have It All

I have a confession to make.

I've recently had a jumbo-sized pity party for myself.

I've been having a severe case of "working mommy guilt" and convinced myself that I should waller in misery because I'm not at home with Darling Daughter and am zapped of all energy {while fully aware that I would be equally zapped of all energy if I was at home all day}.

I rushed to the internet {of all things} to see how other working moms deal.

It seems impossible, after all, and someone out there has to know the secret to getting it all done while remaining sane.

It didn't take long to find that I wasn't alone in my feelings of guilt. But, that's when it hit me...like a big 'ole slap in the face.

I don't want to gripe and moan and waller in self-pity like the random internet moms I'd found.

And, I shouldn't.

I have the comfort of a loving Savior, a Mighty Counselor that actually wants me to turn to Him in times of need!

Duh!

I prayed the whole way home from work yesterday. Seeking forgiveness for my selfishness, and for not turning to Him sooner. I admitted that this is hard for me, and that I know I will need to continually seek His strength and comfort.

I could literally feel the peace of the Holy Spirit as I prayed. Ahhhh.

I felt assured that I CAN do this. I can work outside of the home and still provide for my family's needs, and with great joy. All things are possible through Christ who gives me strength.

I continued to make my way home, counting my many blessings along the way...
  1. I have a loving, supportive, flat-out awesome husband,
  2. We've been entrusted with a sweet baby girl,
  3. God's continually provided loving people to care for her,
  4. and on,
  5. and on...
Suddenly my "problems" felt very, very small {and so did I}.

I am so thankful for my strength in Jesus Christ.

I am thankful for my circumstances - I am blessed far beyond measure!

I am thankful for the joy God has given me in my life.

And, I am eternally grateful for the love and comfort of my Mighty Savior!

I really DO have it all!

No comments: