{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




5/10/10

Mother's Day Weekend

My first mother's day weekend {well, second, since we celebrated last year when I was pregnant with Darling Daughter} was PERFECT.

It was the first weekend in a long time that we didn't have anywhere we needed to be. So, at the suggestion of Handsome Hubby, we did all of my favorite things. Yay.

We slept in. We shopped. We ate. We went for a stroll through the Botanic Gardens. We played. We ate some more. : )

HH cooked for me all weekend, and even helped clean up the kitchen {swoon}. Take a look at some of the delicious food he prepared just for mua...

Oven Roasted Chicken, a finger-licking recipe from Thomas Keller's Bouchon.

Roasted Root Vegetables, a recipe from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics.
This recipe featured celery root {which I never knew existed}. It's sooo good! 

BEST I'VE EVER HAD Grilled Lobster Tail with Garlic Cilantro Butter,
a recipe from Steven Raichlen's How to Grill
{served with a can't-go-wrong baked potato}.

And, DD was on her best behavior all weekend, too. She laughed, tried her hardest to talk {the sound of the moment is "Ba Ba Ba"} and had a few firsts...

First time to ride in a shopping cart like a big girl.

First time to feed herself with a bottle.

First trip to the Botanic Gardens.

First time to enjoy appetizers with the adults.
{I know she looks like she's in pain, but she did enjoy that crakcer. Really.}

Thanks, HH and DD, for making my job as a mother so rewarding. Being a mom is the best job I've ever had!

More shots from the weekend:

My loves.

Sooo sweet.

Inspecting the grass.

Sweet baby girl and her "Ma Ma Ma."

No comments: