{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




5/7/10

Five Things Friday

Last night, while I was feeding Darling Daughter, I watched Vince Gill's flood relief telethon.

It was so surreal to see Nashville, another city I love, completely under water. The Opryland Hotel {where Handsome Hubby and I stayed before we flew out on our honeymoon}, the streets of downtown {where I once interned}, the Grand Ole Opry and so many other beautiful places are completely destroyed.

People's homes and cars are washed away or standing in muddy water. They don't have food to eat, water to drink, or clothes to wear...

I'd like to dedicate this "Five Things Friday" post to the people of Nashville, and people all over the Mid-South that have been devastated by the flooding.

Five Things to Pray for the People of the Mid-South:
  1. "The Lord is good, a refuge in a time of trouble." I pray that, during this time of devastation, people will take refuge in our Father.
  2. "{God} is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us..." I pray that His people will trust in Him for their provisions and that He will provide for their needs exceedingly and abundantly beyond all they can even ask or think.
  3. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I pray that He will ease their minds and give them rest.
  4. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." I pray that God would heal their wounds, physical and spiritual.
  5. "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." PRAISE THE LORD!!! Is that not the best news you've ever heard?! I pray that God's people will rejoice in His victory despite their current circumstances.

No comments: