{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




8/24/11

Coffee's Brewing

Yep. Working on my second pot of coffee.

I've been up since 3:30. So, when Chris got up at 5:30 to head off to Downline, I decided to brew us some coffee and send him off with a kiss and a smile. {I'm usually in bed, so no send off.}

For those of you that don't know me well, I should tell you that I'm not a morning person. For those of you that do know me, you already knew that. :) But, to all of you I must say that I am having a GREAT morning. The house is quiet. My coffee is great.

I was going to finish up some painting projects. But instead I decided to spend the morning praying and catching up on my correspondence {well, email and facebook...correspondence just sounds better}.

I got an email from a missionary that I support that works in Arizona with The Navigators, a group that ministers to college age kids. With school starting back, he is on day 7 of what he calls the "critical 10"...the first 10 days of school. {Where freshmen tend to start getting plugged in on campus.} This time of year it never fails that he and his family and his ministry are faced with many obstacles. {For example, at this time every year his computer dies.} He went on to say,  "Commenting on the life of King David, Chuck Swindoll said 'The obedient Christian is always in trouble and always rejoicing.'  In our fallen world, there is always something driving us to desperation and yet always reason to rejoice."

Can I get an Amen?!

That's exactly where my heart is right now. I am so desperately dependant on God's strength, and yet I am so full of joy!

Lately I have felt tired. And beaten up. And stretched thin. {You get the picture.} And yet I've also felt so tremendously thankful. Thankful for my salvation. Thankful for my awesome family. Thankful for my sweet friends. Thankful for new opportunities. {And all of this thanks and praise brings tremendous joy to my heart!}

This past Sunday our women's minister revealed our ministry's verse for the year. I loved it so much that I decided to make it our family verse for the year.

Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.
-1 Chronicles 16:11

I have always needed God's strength, but God has brought me to a place in my life where I finally recognize how dependent I am on it...and how freely He offers it to us.

Ooo...I hear a Maggadi crying. Off to feed my sweet girl...

No comments: