{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




4/7/11

Crying Wolf

I feel like the boy who cried wolf.

We have had two false alarms two days in a row.

On Tuesday I had contractions 4 minutes apart starting at 2:00. {And they lasted ALL NIGHT!} My friend Katie drove me home from work to meet Chris and we left from home to go to the hospital...only to be sent home 1 cm dilated. They gave me an ambien to help me sleep,which was thoughtful, but it made me a crazy woman.

The next morning I was still having contractions, but they weren't too painful so I thought I would try to wait it out until my scheduled weekly doctor's apointment at 3:00. But, at 1:30, my water broke. Or, at least I "thought" it did.

So, back to the hospital we went, only to be sent home a second time. A whopping 2 cm dilated. Humiliated. Frustrated. Crying the whole way home.

But, on the bright side, we had an ultra sound and got to see Maggie's sweet face. She has chubby cheeks and what looked like a head full of hair. From what we could tell, we think she looks a lot like her sister.

I can't wait to see her face to face! And, it won't be much longer now!

I just need to keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl I know how you feel! I did the same thing with Karis! I had contractions 5 minutes apart all night too and they sent me home, told me I was dehydrated, gave me some sleep pills ugh! I cried too all the way home! But every time that happened, I had the baby within 48 hours so get ready!!! :)

Chipper Chickie said...

That would be awesome! :)