{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




3/2/11

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!

In honor of Dr. Suess's birthday, I'd like to share my favorite Dr. Suess book with you.


Chris and I bought this book for Anne Catherine before she was born. We saw it at Babies R Us while we were registering and read it from cover to cover right in the middle of the store.

I was immediately sucked in.

It's got suspense. It's got drama. It's got humor. It's teaches a great lesson. And, it's got a creepy pair of pale green pants!

What more could you want out of a book?

For those of you that aren't familiar with this one, it is a story of a little boy who is afraid of a pair of pale green pants...with nobody inside them.

You may be thinking, "What's so scary about a pair of pale green pants?"

Well, have you ever seen a pair of empty pants riding a bike? Or fishing?

These pants do. They are actually quite animated for a pair of pants. And they end up crossing paths with the little boy throughout the story.

Then, they come face-to-face...

"And there I was caught in the snide and in that dreadful place those spooky empty pants and I were standing face to face. I yelled for help, I screamed, I shriked, I howled, I yowled, I cried, 'oh save me from those pale green pants with nobody inside them.'"

But soon the boy learns a valuable lesson...

People {or pants} aren't always what they seem to be. The pale green pants with nobody inside them were actually rather tender once you got beyond their spooky outside appearance.

"I was just as strange to them as they were strange to me."

What a great lesson for people of all ages.

Thanks, Dr. Suess!

No comments: