{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




5/6/10

50 Things About Mua

1. I love the Lord with my whole heart! Our relationship becomes nearer and dearer to me each day.
2. I am a Republican.
3. I did not realize I was a Republican until I took a quiz about "the issues" conducted by my journalist friend Amanda.
4. I have shot a gun...
5. At empty bottles...
6. In the middle of a corn field.
7. I have more than likely just placed myself on some sort of "National Watch List" for the above statements.
8. Never-the-less, I am happy to "cling to my guns and religion."
9. I won the husband lottery. It's true. He's handsome {and wears a suit particularly well}. He's a Christian. He's loving. He's understanding. He's romantic. He's taught me a lot about the world and myself. He's an excellent father. He has a cute, southern accent he thinks he doesn't have. And, after almost six years, three moves, three dogs, several jobs and a baby - I'm still in love with this man. The crazy, head-over-heels kind of love.
10. I know it's sickening.
11. I like it that way.
12. I totally look forward to the day when we are that cute old couple holding hands as we stroll through the park {like in that jewelry commercial}.
13. I LOVE being a mother. How could I not love motherhood with a sweet thing like this as a daughter?


14. But, just thinking about the teenage years gives me a mini panic attack.
15. Being a mother helps me understand and appreciate my own mother more and more.
16. I can't wait to get to know Darling Daughter's personality.
17. I hope she is a strong, Godly woman. And, I also hope she loves to shop and spend time with her momma.
18. I love sports.
19. Especially football.
20. Especially specially SEC football.
21. Particularly especially specially UT football.
22. I love UT football so much that I watched the UT/BAMA game while giving birth.
23. Darling daughter was born during halftime.
24. I also love baseball, but only in person. Not on TV.
25. I hope DD has a little brother one day. And, I hope he plays football and baseball.
26. I plan to be "that mom" that’s at every game. Bearing snacks.
27. Speaking of snacks...I prefer sweet snacks to salty ones. Right now, animal crackers are my snack of choice {partly because they are so good, and partly because you can get a big bag for $1}.
28. I have a strange addiction to dollar stores and the dollar section at Target.
29. I love the state of Tennessee. Everything about it. The mountains, the trees, the smells, the people. I mean, who doesn't like Dolly Parton?
30. As a Navy brat, I grew up all over the country. Mainly on the coast. Which I love.
31. I have lived in 6 different states and 13 different cities.
32. But, I have lived in the city of Memphis longer than I have ever lived anywhere else.
33. Memphis gets a bad rap {I advise that you keep yourself from watching the Memphis news if you're not from here}, but it's one of my favorite cities. It's got such character...
34. To me, if Memphis were a person, he'd {yes, Memphis is a dude} be the slightly overweight, balding man wearing round, tortoise shell glasses, a seersucker suit and a straw hat. He makes everyone laugh and is a hit at social gatherings.
35. I think I just described a lawyer I saw walking down Main Street last summer. Or, a character from a Grisham novel.
36. I realize, however, that a lot of people see Memphis as the unemployed family member that uses food stamps to buy his cigarettes and likes to drink from a brown, paper sack.
37. For this reason, I would really like to give him {Memphis} an extreme makeover. He's a good guy. Really. He just needs a little polish.
38. I would like to visit every state in the US before I die.
39. I have 22 still to visit.
40. They are all up north.
41. I really enjoy most movies.
42. It might surprise people that I like gangster movies.
43. It probably does not surprise people that my favorite movie genre is the romantic comedy {meet-cutes are the best}.
44. I also love musicals.
45. HH and I are going on a date to see Chicago next month.
46. I am excited because it is a musical with a sort of gangster-romantic comedy twist. Goody.
47. I dig golden oldies music.
48. I also dig 80's music.
49. I'm sad that 90's music is now considered old. It's just not. Right?
50. I wonder if there will one day be an oldies rap station on the airwaves. For some reason, I just can't picture some kid's Grandpa sitting on the front porch humming his favorite rap tunes of yesteryear...even in Memphis.

No comments: